Pullorum-Typhoid Test

LeeLynns

Chirping
8 Years
Apr 23, 2011
Barry Texas
I am not sure where to post this, however, we want to enter our rooster into the Fort Worth Stock Show in Texas . He is required to have this test. I have been calling around, and cannot find vet who knows what I am talking about, or where to send me. Would anyone on this forum have a suggestion as to where I can get this test done.
Thanks

I've heard that in Texas it's free. But I've yet to find exactly how to get it done. That page simply links to information about the test, etc. but doesn't let you know who exactly does it. So I can only conclude that one must pay a vet to come out and collect the samples and send them in to be tested. And even then, the state lab has a fee for running the tests once you've paid a private vet to collect the samples. I even emailed the state vets office and never got a reply.

PS - the "find a vet" on that page simply finds vets. There is no indication that any of the ones you find there will run the test. I wanted to show a pullet this spring myself but have scrapped the idea due to the difficulty I had in finding out who to get to do this test.

Last edited:
Quote:
That's the trick, finding someone here that shows. There are few sanctioned shows close to here. Even the state fair show is far enough away that any vet they know close to there would never be close enough to help me. I'll ask Al though, you never know. I've seen this come up often, even in PM's to me. No one that I've talked to in this area seems to know the answer and I've been asked myself a number of times. Surely someone does know though so that's why I bring it up, in hopes that it'll attract the attention of one of those kind folks.

Last edited:
Quote:
Thank you! I looked at the web page for this show but I didn't see that page. I must have just skipped it since I knew the test was required.

I just look up on Google Chicken PT test for (county your in) in Texas. Texas is through A&M Vets. And yes it is free. Hope this helps you

Back
Top Bottom