Puppy pen brooder

wleigh1021

Songster
5 Years
Jan 16, 2016
New Jersey
I have these pop up puppy pens and love using them for raising chicks. However, there's still a ton of dust all over my guest room after a few weeks. I was thinking of sewing cotton fabric over the mesh panels to cut down on the dust all over the room. Does anyone see any issues in doing this?

Attachments

• 20201013_161753.jpg
    20201013_161753.jpg
    757.9 KB · Views: 79
You might fare well with 'mosquito netting' over the top and under those pens as well. Roll the netting up after each brood, take it outdoors, hang it on the clothesline and hose it off, allow to dry in the sun to benefit from the UV-ray's sanitizing properties.
I don't know how expensive those are in New Jersey, but they sell the fabric at the yardage store here in Panama, cheap. Real cheap.

A normal fabric might increase heat, however mosquito netting breathes well.
Good point! I was thinking of that inexpensive cotton from the craft store.

We have our chick brooder in the spare shower. It's a "stall" type with solid walls and a door about 7 ft high. Contains the dust really well. So perhaps another option would be a curtain around the pen? Like hang a hula hoop above it with lightweight fabric/shower curtains attached to create a ring of dust-catching fabric around the brooder?

I have these pop up puppy pens and love using them for raising chicks. However, there's still a ton of dust all over my guest room after a few weeks. I was thinking of sewing cotton fabric over the mesh panels to cut down on the dust all over the room. Does anyone see any issues in doing this?
I like the idea of these because they are collapsible and pull bestowed away in little space. Did you find this on Amazon?

Back
Top Bottom