Pustules on my puppy's chest, stomach, and back legs..

blueeyeddemon

Songster
11 Years
Aug 28, 2012
Bay City, Texas
I recently took in a stray puppy..When I examined her I noticed she had scabs on her stomach. Naturally, I assumed it was from fleas. Yesterday I noticed a few pustules on her stomach. They have spread to her chest and back legs..Does anyone have an idea of what they could be? They don't seem to bother her. She is acting normally..Eating and drinking, playing, going to the bathroom..

I recently took in a stray puppy..When I examined her I noticed she had scabs on her stomach. Naturally, I assumed it was from fleas. Yesterday I noticed a few pustules on her stomach. They have spread to her chest and back legs..Does anyone have an idea of what they could be? They don't seem to bother her. She is acting normally..Eating and drinking, playing, going to the bathroom..

Pustules or not, she will pretty much need a thorough veterinary exam, and soon. With no vaccination history, getting her rabies vaccine in her is necessary to comply with most county laws. The fact that she has an ailment of some ailment, such as those, means she needs to be seen as soon as possible.

I definitely agree that she should be seen by a vet! The differential list for pustules on dogs is quite long but many of the issues that cause them (such as skin infectious or demidicosis) can be easily remedied with proper treatment. A vet will be be able to help you determine the best way to figure out what is going on with her (and it is always a good idea to have them do a once over + vaccines, especially with strays)

Best of luck. Sounds like she was lucky to find you!

If she was a stray she may have worms, possibly even heartworms, mites, lice, fleas, ticks, anything else. She really needs her shots too and a good veterinary check up.

Back
Top Bottom