Putting chicks under broody hen

I'm betting you have success, chickens all have different personalities, but Orppingtons are usually very good mothers - I've got four of them now, but I can't convince one to go broody for me. Good luck.
Don't give up on your Orpingtons. I've had my Lavender girls for 4 years and they never went broody. However, my chocolate orp just hatched 4 cuties over the past few days. I just discovered them yesterday because she was doing a very good job of keeping me away!

4473D7AC-A9CA-4256-9485-70A426325417.jpeg
So far, so good! I put two little chicks under her last night around 10:30pm. She immediately began cluck-purring and seemed happy to have them. This morning they were peeping out from under her. She hasn’t brought them out of the nest though, and I’m worried that they need to drink some water. Should I try to get her to come out with them?

View attachment 1832432 So far, so good! I put two little chicks under her last night around 10:30pm. She immediately began cluck-purring and seemed happy to have them. This morning they were peeping out from under her. She hasn’t brought them out of the nest though, and I’m worried that they need to drink some water. Should I try to get her to come out with them?
Awesome.

Back
Top Bottom