putting new with old ones

springchick91

Chirping
10 Years
Mar 6, 2010
Missoula ,Mt
i have 8 chicks that are about almost 5 weeks and 2 that are around a week and i put them in a area to gether . They seem to be getting along qiute well other then occasinal pecking . There not hurt or being starved but is it ok that i put them together .the younger ones have a space to go when they want to be alone in the same area. As long as they get along is ok to keep it the same. ps thell eventually be put to gether any way even if i hadent done it now.

As long as they are getting along well and there's not a problem with the younger ones getting to the feeder and waterer, then I say leave them together.

50427_dsci0041.jpg

this is a pic of my babies

Too cute!!! Everyone still getting along? I need to do the same with mine. Would have done it already except for the fact that one of my one-month-old chicks thinks that the toes of the one-week-olds look tasty! So that particular chick gets supervised visitation with the younger bunch:)

Quote:
same here but after a lil while they see board witht the idea and just go on. but i ahd the most exciting experence to day i got them to eat out of my hand usally they frek when i stick my hand in there broder.

Quote:
yeah there getting along good . the lil arucanas pip and squeeak are fallowing the bigger ones along like there big to . they dont know there own size

That's great that your chicks get along together, but be very careful because once I put some day olds in with some older chicks and they killed them, best of luck with yours!
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom