Putting the netting up over my run

Raptor action could involve more than one. Make certain birds roosting in coop / building. I leave carcass in place so I can work to ID and where needed adjust setup to exclude predator. Predator will be inclined to cleanup up first kill before making another. I check carcass in before dawn and at end of day to determine when predator feeds off it. Owls a little tougher to keep out although the respect bird and deer netting very well.

It's just like the last time. Most of the body was still there. A lot of the feathers pulled out. The head was gone. And something came back the next day and got into it again. The first time I put a trail camera out and 2 hawks landed the next day and fed off it firat, then a buzzard, then a opossum that night. We don't have weasels or anything that should be able to get thru the wire. Out main predators will be raccoons, hawks, opossum, bobcats, and maybe a fox. But ivthinkvits happening during the day
Are you sure you don't have weasels or something like them in your area?

I don't believe we have weasels or minks in southern Ga. I've never seen one or heard anyone talk about them. The first one that was killed got consumed in the run
I left it out the next day and put a trail camera on it. Late that night a possum moved it around some then left it alone. The next day, two different hawks fed on it and then a buzzard. Then a possum again the next night. This time, I didn't put the camera back up. But something did end up burrowing under the fence a couple of days later to pull it out

I hate to break it to you, but a quick google search on the range of weasels and the range of mink show both of them in all of Ga and most of the eastern USA...

Im not saying there cant be any here. But I have lived here all my life and I've never seen or heard of having any around here. Never heard of anybody complaining about them or killing one. Never caught one on a trail cam. never seen them here

Back
Top Bottom