PVC Tractor - covering

mml373

Chirping
Aug 3, 2019
I am building a rectangular PVC chicken tractor to rotate in my sheep pasture, and want to cover it with ANYTHING but chicken wire. I have in mind some sort of pliable plastic mesh that will contain the chickens, which could be zip tied to the PVC pipes. It is going inside a portable electric mesh fenced area, so this does not need need to keep out predators since the portable fence will take care of that. Any thoughts on plastic mesh that would suit? I am SO tired of dealing with chicken wire. Thanks in advance.

I have this bird netting over my current run. Stretchy,mesh plastic (I relate it to the mesh on a play pen) easy to put up, holds it shape, bounces back with ease (my cats walk on this to get to the top of the chicken coop)easily ziptied we actually have it our our 10x10 bunny tractor for when they go outside every day.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B08GLC8M5T/ref=ox_sc_saved_image_10?smid=A27W14NA79VC9Z&psc=1

Downside...it sags when it get weighed down....but it also goes right back to shape if the weight is removed. I've not used this in the winter yet 😳 but I am incredibly happy with it thus far. I worry abt a snow load, but I will cross that bridge when it comes.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221210_174130_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20221210_174130_Chrome.jpg
    239.1 KB · Views: 1

Back
Top Bottom