Pygmy Goats

https://www.backyardchickens.com/content/type/61/id/6234044/width/200/height/400[/IMG
[IMG]https://www.backyardchickens.com/content/type/61/id/6234045/width/200/height/400

That's all of my Pygmy
Daisy n her babies 1 female 1 male
Lil momma socks boots 2 lil females
Elmo
Baby n dee dee
Cookie
Bucky

It's to different females in the picture I'm not sure if there taller I was thinking of buying them the lady said they were Pygmy I was thinking there a lil tall for a Pygmy

I saw your post of the pygmies. We have Dave and Annie. Born in April. Hid scrotum almost off since banded by breeder. Such a learn as you go thing but we are getting along. Annie is finally letting us touch her and even pick her up. Got to get those hooves trimmed. Ugh I started to on Annie but my clippers are not as sharp as I thought.

Help please! We have a 9 month old male pygmy goat and he has had two surguries now from being blocked. The first was only temporarily successful so he had to have a second in which his urethra was re-routed and he now pees "like a girl". They also castrated him this time. The first few days after the surgury was rough on him, but now he seems to be pulling thru just fine...BUT here is the problem....here we are a little over a week after his surgery and his front legs seem to be giving him major problems. At first I just thought he was weak from the surgury, but a bit over a week in and he STILL is't able to stand up without my help. His back legs seem to be fine, and he can crawl around on his front knees with his back legs up and functioning normally...but it's like he just cant make those front legs get him up in the front. Once I stand him up he can walk on his front legs and back legs like normal, until he trips over something or goes up an incline or something and then he falls back down to those knees again (again just in the front). His attitude is great and he is eating and drinking plenty! Good appetite! Since his procedure we have been afraid of him getting blocked up so we've had him on a strict diet. He has been eating the nice green grass in our front yard mostly, with just a little cracked corn and some locust tree leaves/limbs. No grain at all due to fear of another blockage, and very little hay. Mostly the green yard grass and locust tree leaves (per the vet the locust trees are good for him with lots of nutrients). His health seems good now other than his legs. He is peeing and pooping very well. It just breaks my heart to see my little buddy fall on his face and not be able to get back up without my help. Any ideas?? He did NOT have this problem at all before the surgery. We are LOST!! :(. And so afraid our baby may have a permenant problem. I pray not though! Thanks for any help or ideas you may have, anyone!! God bless!!

Hi
i have bought a pair of the small goats
i live in Bulgaria and they are quite rare
i have a boy an a girl non related can i keep them togter??? they are 8 months old???
if i cant keep them together is there an injection to stop the male getting horny ,i know there is one for dogs

do they only produce milk when pregnant or is there every day ?

so but i know very little about therse i bought them for my grankids when they come
judging by the thread you alll keep them for milk

Ok. First off. If you are planning to breed. No do not keep your Buck in with the Doe. Pygmy Does should not get pregnant before 18 months at the least. Also keeping them apart will let you know when your due dates are. Goats will deliver between 145-155 days after breeding. Pygmies are notorious for difficult labor so you want to be there to assist. Second.. If you don't plan on breeding you need to wether the Buck. There is no shot you can give. Hope this helps!!! (NPGA Pygmy Goat Breeder)

[COLOR=333333]i live in Bulgaria and they are quite rare[/COLOR]
[COLOR=333333]i have a boy an a girl non related  can  i keep them togter??? they are 8 months old???[/COLOR]
[COLOR=333333]if i cant keep them together is there an injection to stop the male getting horny ,i know there is one for dogs [/COLOR]

[COLOR=333333]do they only produce milk when pregnant or is there every day ?[/COLOR]

[COLOR=333333]so but i know very little about therse i bought them for my grankids when they come [/COLOR]
[COLOR=333333]judging by the thread you alll keep them for milk [/COLOR]
[/quote]

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom