Quail cages/pens...plans?

Quote:
Holy moly you have a lot of quail! Did you move all of them into that gigantic pen? Where do you live? Do you get snow? How do they fare outside in that ginorous pen? I am very impressed!

I live in Alabama and no snow for us. I have 50 breesers in 6 small pens and the large flight pen is for mature flight ready birds for sale to train dogs or for me to process and sale to restruants. It's new and only has about 100 birds so far, figure it will hold 400 or so.

My growout pen....
PoultryPics014.jpg

One of my brooding cages for large batches..
DSC02970.jpg

First stage brooding cage for large/small batches..
Quailchicks09001.jpg

250 watt....brooder is about 10 inches tall...I move it up as they start getting older...they were only about 24 hrs old in that pic...I assume you mean the bottom pic?
smile.png

Quote:
Yes, the bottom pic. Just gettin' ideas. Gonna build an incubator and brooder this winter, and trying to get as many ideas and details as possible. Thanks.

the 2x4 legs are cut at 4 feet and the pen is about a foot wide and tall so the bottom is about 3 feet off the ground, awesome height in my opinion but to each his own, any other questions about the build you can message me

Back
Top Bottom