Quail chicks sick. Please help!!

They need game bird starter, 28% protein or better, but the chick starter shouldn't cause them to die like they are, they will just be slow to feather out and stunted. Can you take a photo of your brooder?

They need game bird starter, 28% protein or better, but the chick starter shouldn't cause them to die like they are, they will just be slow to feather out and stunted. Can you take a photo of your brooder?
I am at work at the moment. Everything I'm doing, I have done before with my previous batch of quails except that last time I hatched chickens with them. Maybe the chickens taught them how to eat? Anyway I only have 4 left and I'm just accepting they fact that they will probably die aswell because they seem reluctant to eat even when I scratch and place them on the food.

I am at work at the moment. Everything I'm doing, I have done before with my previous batch of quails except that last time I hatched chickens with them. Maybe the chickens taught them how to eat? Anyway I only have 4 left and I'm just accepting they fact that they will probably die aswell because they seem reluctant to eat even when I scratch and place them on the food.
Also where is your brooder located? A photo of their set up could greatly help

I would try feeding them a boiled egg ( cooled - of course) and cut in half, it can boost their systems. Hope that helps
Im really sad to say but unfortunately they all died except for one. I have a feeling they didn't eat except for the one that's still alive.

Im really sad to say but unfortunately they all died except for one. I have a feeling they didn't eat except for the one that's still alive.
I would try the egg as jennywoolrich suggested, just go ahead and scramble one up, make sure its cooked through, and offer to the remaining chick, without delay.
Also photos of your brooder and letting us know where it is located could really help. I don't want you to lose this remaining chick.
Is the brooder in the house, near the kitchen at all?

I would try the egg as jennywoolrich suggested, just go ahead and scramble one up, make sure its cooked through, and offer to the remaining chick, without delay.
Also photos of your brooder and letting us know where it is located could really help. I don't want you to lose this remaining chick.
Is the brooder in the house, near the kitchen at all?
The brooder is in another room not connected to the house. I will give the egg a try. Do u know if he'll die because he's by himself? That's what I'm more worried about.

The brooder is in another room not connected to the house. I will give the egg a try. Do u know if he'll die because he's by himself? That's what I'm more worried about.
It is very probable that he is lonely, which can increase stress, depending on what the others passed from, that could make him more susceptible.
Do you have a little mirror? Putting a mirror in the brooder (securely, so it cant fall over or break) can help lone chicks.

Back
Top Bottom