Quail egg turning by hand?

buttercup95

Songster
6 Years
Jul 24, 2013
Northern Cali
So I started incubating this week and I don't have a quail egg turner so I decided to do it by hand. My question is how do I get them to stop rolling around? I turn them and then it seems like they just roll back in to place... I'm getting frustrated and I know the rolling can't be god for the egg.

it is Rubbermaid non slip shelf liner and is sold at Walmart in the household goods area by the pots and pans. It works well as a liner in the cages too and if you have a couple cut to fit you can take the soiled one out and put in a clean one right away. they wash in the machine or tub or sink. super easy to use. I use it in the brooders too.

Awesome! thank you all so much. I'm going to have to go pick some up as soon as I can! Also your chick is adorable and that's a fantastic photo even if the chick is all goopy from just hatching.
thumbsup.gif

Allow me to remind you to turn your egg an odd number of times a day (ex, 3 times, 5 times or 7 times) so you will prevent them from spending the long night period on the same side.

Allow me to remind you to turn your egg an odd number of times a day (ex, 3 times, 5 times or 7 times) so you will prevent them from spending the long night period on the same side.
I turn them again at midnight and I'm up at 7 so I don't think I have to worry. But thank you I hadn't realized that before! I keep a note pad next to the incubator so I don't forget what time I turned them.
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom