quail pens

wilds of pa

Crowing
14 Years
Feb 17, 2007
The Blue Mountains of Pa
some of the quail pens in the photo, snow go away..super cold go away..gonna be a late laying season this year in pa for the wilds ,i can see it already..no green house effects here.

hasn't been this cold in years.. -1 this morning
anybody else having unusual colder temps in you area

167574_184262431595069_100000339416896_506709_1911977_n.jpg

168957_184262211595091_100000339416896_506708_2575064_n.jpg

Last edited:
Here, the lowest (that I can think of) has been 0 for the temp with negatives in wind chill. January usually is the coldest month, but that's 'usually' low- to mid- 30's for day and high teens/low 20's for night.

DONT FEEL BAD OR ALL ALONE CHARLIE, WE'VE HAD TEMPERATURES IN THE LOW TEENS IN MIDDLE FLORIDA THIS YEAR
he.gif

GOOD TO SEE YA OUT AND ABOUT IN THE QUAIL SECTION! HOWS MY SLATEBELT MONSTERS DOING? ANY EGGS SLOTTED FOR THIS YEARS SALES?
smile.png

I've had my share of the cold, 6+ inches of snow and 0* temps with a -10* wind chill. The water seemed to freeze right when I set the bucket down.
roll.png

Its been pretty cold here the past few days, in the single digits feeling like below 0. I made sure to feed and give plenty of water for my birds, the water just freezes so fast. And their seems to be another storm on the way, this winter sure is turning out rough. We are already way above average with snowfall and winter is not even close to being finished
barnie.gif

All's i can say is ...burrrrrrr to all

Hooligan Farm the far east coast have been getting dumped on big time, are you in that part of NJ that got slammed the last time around?

JJMR794 wow even down there its cold --unreal..

_Randall_ the Lil building there isn't a pen..thats a sugar shack.. lol

we will have some later on in spring, will test hatch and once we see fertility, will let some go again this year. actually i down size a bit on my bobs last year, down to 15 monster hens and 4 monster males, wild size bobs only 6 pair left and 2 pair of white bobs all other bob crosses gone. we actually have empty quail pens sitting here now. but been thinking of building a 25' x 100' hoop raised flight pen, we get so many local inquiries from hunting clubs and hunters wanting flight conditioned birds. don't know if i can handle all the extra work to do it though.
idunno.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom