Quail Water

and how high to put the bucket? 3/4" inch PVC.

First line: the piping will go across ~6 with four nipples'; then angle down to another pen of 2' with two nipples.

the second line will go across 7' and four nipples.

THX!

is this correct? i can't believe it. i must hang the bucket at least 7' in the air?

Feet Head psi
1 0.43
2 0.87
3 1.30
4 1.73
5 2.17
6 2.60
7 3.03
8 3.46
9 3.90
10 4.33
20 8.66

Quote:
according to the table, i need to get the bucket ~7' above the PVC pipe that feeds the nipples?

i will say, in all the photos i've seen of people's set-ups, i've not seen one bucket that high. or even very high at all.

All - i will not be switching to a set-up that feeds from a live water line. won't even think about it.

eye level for the birds around here, but ya know I dont have a multi coop pvc nipple waterer rolling just yet, you have seen my gadgets...gotta move this fishtank first and the honey do list is getting long too, wth...

hmm, this one is not 7' in the air.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/web/viewblog.php?id=2636-chicken-nipples-anyone

2636_hpim5490.jpg

and my buddy has a very large setup, multi pens and 20+ nipples for his chickens, in this pic the water bucket is in the wooden barrel, it is not very much higher. look hard at the pic and you can see the white pvc running along at the bottom of the shaQ.

67513_p1030440.jpg

imho, I don't think you need very much pressure Rosco.

Quote:
according to the table, i need to get the bucket ~7' above the PVC pipe that feeds the nipples?

i will say, in all the photos i've seen of people's set-ups, i've not seen one bucket that high. or even very high at all.

All - i will not be switching to a set-up that feeds from a live water line. won't even think about it.

i'm thinking this over, if i can just run a hose and add an inexpensive regulator then i'd be interested in using water-line.

i can't find fittings that would tap into the bucket. i'm looking at HD and Lowes

Quote:
yeah, no kidding! Model_A_Tractor, that is a really nice shack. thanks for posting the photos. it gave me and now i have all pens watered automatically, except the brooder.
44938_img_1540.jpg

44938_img_1542.jpg

44938_img_1543.jpg

there is another set of grow-out pens behind the camera but same piping.

there was just one thing that i'd not thought of. but this sure beats the heck out of changing water bottles and those basin bowl bucket types that get nasty.

thanks for the help you guys and girls. model_a_tractor and diggerduck - this saves tons of time for us every day. now, just need to figure out the automatic temp regulation of the brooder pens along w/ food and watering. that takes tons of time!

Here is my waterer for the quail brooder cage and chukar cage.
smile.png

Its a feeder bowl (slightly chewed on by the dog), cut down. Bought little floats. Then bent wire over it so the birds wouldnt sit on the float and overflow it. The wire cover is attached at the back so it flips up for easy cleaning.
smile.png

000_3390.jpg

000_3391.jpg

Back
Top Bottom