Quality Call Duck Breeders

Nutmegs are really hard to find. I haven't seen any of those for sale in forever. Butterscotch are pretty easy to find. They have been available very prevalently the last couple years, as have Pastels. Keep an eye on the auction sites. I have seen both on BidBird recently as well. You can also, of course, email breeders. Not that they need my recommendation, LOL, but I can vouch for the Foley's as well. They have great birds and are awesome people to deal with. I am in the process of getting some more new birds from them right now! I don't see the Holderread's mentioned very often for Calls, but they also have them and sell Pastels and Butters. I don't even know how many birds I have bought from them, but even now, I have probably 40-50 birds that I got from them in my flock. Good luck finding your Calls!
smile.png

thank you for all the kind words everyone.....
We are listing all of our available call ducks on the auction site this year. We don't have anymore pairs of butterscotch because we get hounded for them a year in advance and didn't hatch many this year, but we do have a couple butterscotch drakes that will be for sale. We also just sold our flock of pastels so all we would have left is maybe a pair of pet quality as they finish growing out. There are a few people that list on our auction site that have butterscotch and pastels and now that the temperature has dropped they should be listed soon. I guess we are getting the call duck breeders on our site.....lots of competition out there for auctions. There is a pair of pastels on auction now from Dennis Fuller and a young butter drake by briarpatchfarms....he has also done well with his butterscotch. you can also go to the call breeders website and look for shows in your area....this is a great time to hit the sale cages and buy 2010 ducklings and other birds. Breeders are culling down forthe winter.

www.callducks.org

not sure where to find nutmeg....sometimes people sell them as nutmeg, but they really are not. If you just like the rare colors you could find some buffs, they are easier to find than nutmegs.

I'm actually trying to locate the Nutmegs for a friend of mine. Haven't had ANY luck so far.
I did see a really nice pair of Pastels on one of the auction sites, but I never bid until right before the auctions are over.
I'm in the process of buying a pair of Butterscotch from an awesome BYCer and am picking up a quad of Whites at Shawnee from another.
Still looking though because I have decided to dramatically downsize my chickens and concentrate on the Calls-they have completely stolen my heart.
Any further info is appreciated-always on the look for SQ Calls(any color).
Thanks for the info!

If my memory is correct, I remember a girl named Amanda down south (Georgia or Alabama) who goes by rarebreeder66 on the auction sites, who had Nutmegs. You might try to find her. If I can get her email address I will post it here.
smile.png

Thanks so much, guys, I actually contacted both of the breeders you suggested and they have GORGEOUS birds! Begging to be put on Dennis Fuller's waiting list for next spring
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom