Question about broody hens

Ok ive heard off a guy that hens hatched from an incubator wont sit on eggs, is this true??
LOL. No. All but 3 in my flock of 32 chickens are hatched from my incubator. I constantly have hens thinking they need to be broody. Last October I let two of them hatch out some eggs. They did well. Now, some breeds are more broody than others and some breeds are known not to go broody hardly at all. It has nothing to do with how they are hatched.

lol and does thunder kill the egg??? Pmsl
No! That one I've heard! lol My friend said to me once you know, if your chickens lay eggs in a thunderstorm you have to throw them out right? Someone she worked with told her that. Daggling chicks by their feet does not prove gender. The white spot in an egg is not sperm. A fertilized egg doesn't taste any different than an unfertilized and they are not better for you either...lol Those are some others I've heard. As for pointed eggs being roos and round eggs being hens I'm not getting in that discussion...lol key players will come on and start arguing their theories...lmao

Back
Top Bottom