Question about making a PVC feeder.......

Yes, we used feeders like that for alpacas. This will be a closed system so to say, where you poor the feed down through a PVC pipe. Just want to know which opening is best.

This is what my husband built for me. It works very well and there is no waste. Also he used the cheaper drain pipes rather than PVC. The whole thing cost less than $20 and when I fill it up with food, it lasts almost 2 weeks for 11 chickens.

I had circles at first and the feed didn't make it all the way to the end. Switched to rectangles and the birds would sit in the trough and poop in the food. Now mine looks identical to RonP.

I've got similar (although my extensions are just short cut pieces of pipe instead of fittings) if you can make the bird put it's head and neck in a tube to get food, there's no where for it to go when they flick it - so no mess.

I've got similar (although my extensions are just short cut pieces of pipe instead of fittings) if you can make the bird put it's head and neck in a tube to get food, there's no where for it to go when they flick it - so no mess.
Yes, and if I remember correctly, it was your suggestion to do so when I originally posted my feeders.

You were so right. Thanks again!

Back
Top Bottom