Question about my new muscovy! *PIC ADDED*

Quote:
. Well, on the 30th, I picked up a blue pied female at the poultry show in Stockton.

big_smile.png

Its a inside joke lol he got her from me.....

That is so cool! Ugh - you have no idea how badly I would LOVE to have BYC memeber close enough to trade with
hit.gif

Stress usually disrupts the laying cycle for up to about 14 days, give or take. This can happen when they're bought/sold taken to shows, etc. It also takes about 14 days for them to get back into laying after they're done brooding ducklings. This is normal and nothing to worry about. Also another reason to buy birds well before breeding season so they can adjust and acclimate before they're expected to lay so that you can get ducklings earlier.

I've had mucsovies for close to 6 yrs now and they stop laying in sept. here in western N.C. and start up again in Late march. But I don't feed layer in the winter mos. maybe thats why. Except this winter I have feed layer because I wanted my chickens too continue to lay but still no eggs from the ducks. Oh well they need a break too. I love them anyway. as for sitting they love to sit and will start with only one egg in the nest silly girls. Your duck is very pretty by the way.

Back
Top Bottom