Question about raising an abandoned kitten around an established flock ... can it be done?

Well, I don't really like cats either, but when a small animal is in need of help, well I feel different about that.
Sadly national animal rescue groups don't help our local shelters like they used to so shelters don't have the funding to take them all in. I rescued 4 this year because they had nowhere to go.God bless you!

I have feral cats that hang around. If anything they're a bit scared of the chickens. I'd just keep them away from chicks and you should be fine, but it really does depend on the temperments of the individual animals, although I expect no issues with a kitten unless you have particularly ornery birds

:love For sure barn/coop cats and kittens are just SO beneficial, such a perfect win/win. I keep them away from baby chicks only. My chickens will gang up on my small feral cat when she's just trying to walk across the run. I worry way more about the cat than full grown chickens, they're brutal....

Back
Top Bottom