Question from Newbie...putting new ducklings outside

Moondance278

Hatching
Apr 21, 2018
Hi y'all!! I've been here a while and just lurking in the background, but need some help. I've recently gotten some Khaki-Campbell ducklings to add to the little flock I already have. There are 7 new babies, 2 drakes and 5 hens. I live in Conroe, Texas (right outside of Houston) where the temps are in the mid 90's during the day and low 80's at night. I didn't put my other ducks outside until they had gotten all of their feathers in, but having 7 little ducklings in one brooder is really nasty. I'm just wondering with the temps the way they are, would it be ok to put the smaller ducklings outside maybe in a few weeks? The hens are only 2 weeks old now and the drakes are 1 week old. I don't want to put them out now, but maybe in a few weeks? Has anybody had experience with this? I'd really appreciate the feedback... The rest of my flock are 2 Pekins (1 male and 1 hen) and 2 Mallard hens.

I have khaki campbell ducklings as well. Mine are about 6 weeks old. I just moved them outside full time. It's been in the 30s and 40s at night and in the 50s and 60s during the day. They are just fine. With your temps in the 80s that's like brooder temp at 2-3 weeks, so I'd think even without their adult feathers by 3 weeks they will definitely be fine outdoors 24/7, or even sooner.

Back
Top Bottom