Question of the Day - Friday, May 10th, 2024

Yes. I've sold a few to help cover the costs. I sell mine at $5 a bag, so four bags should be more than enough to pay for a bag of grain. I never throw my grain bags away, and if I decided to turn those I have now all into tote bags, I'd probably have enough money to pay for a year's worth of grain.

Some of the tote bags I've made:
View attachment 3827861
(Some of the chicken saddles I've made are in this picture below.)
View attachment 3827862
Our 1 ton tote is big and white. Those are some nice bags.

Yes. I've sold a few to help cover the costs. I sell mine at $5 a bag, so four bags should be more than enough to pay for a bag of grain. I never throw my grain bags away, and if I decided to turn those I have now all into tote bags, I'd probably have enough money to pay for a year's worth of grain.

b4cf05ef-fbdb-4335-8d01-4f2472967f47-1_all_139.jpg

b4cf05ef-fbdb-4335-8d01-4f2472967f47-1_all_141.jpg
Those are really nice!

View attachment 3827861
View attachment 3827862
I was excited when Poulin grain switched from paper bags to plastic because that meant I was essentially getting free trash bags. I never thought of doing something as interesting as this, though.

View attachment 3827861
View attachment 3827862
These are great!

Last edited:
You sell those for $5?!?! You should charge more than that.

I've made a few bags, and mind aren't nearly as nice. (I don't sell them.)

I used to make some of my own clothes. Now I just mend stuff. And make a few bags. Bags made from feed bags are STURDY! They really last.

My Mom used to make all kinds of things on a sewing machine. And, my Dad actually taught her how to sew. So, as a very young boy I learned to sew a little on the machine. As an adult I have not been near a sewing machine, but only sew buttons back on, and I used to patch my kids toy stuffed animals. I guess technically that is sewing, but anyone should be able to do that. If they can't it is because they don't want to. It isn't rocket science.

Back
Top Bottom