Question of the Day - Saturday, April 13th, 2024

In the college town I used to live in we'd get a lot of people from across the ocean, and they always said that biscuits and gravy sounded gross until they actually tasted it! Mostly they seemed like they were under the impression that our biscuits would be more like scones, which isn't the case. Scones are disgusting. Also, white gravy doesn't seem to be a big thing over there? I do love brown gravy, but brown gravy on biscuits does sound unappetizing to me.
Never heard of white gravy. Also scones are not disgusting.

That is gross
Keep in mind, our biscuit is more like a soft flaky scone, not a cookie. With a sausage gravy it's delicious.

Actually tea is indian
It's an English cultural thing though. Americans have been coffee drinkers mostly out of spite since George III gave up the colonies.

(I'm teasing).

Most British people do not have tea breaks. Some do but it is very rare. Cream tea is usually something that people have when they go on holiday to Cornwall or Devon. Tea breaks last happened commonly about 100 years ago.
Yeah, I know, again, I was teasing.

Keep in mind, our biscuit is more like a soft flaky scone, not a cookie. With a sausage gravy it's delicious.
I'd say scones are more like biscuits that have been left in the oven way too long. That's what they've always tasted like to me, anyway. Well, besides the flavor difference. I love a soft, buttery biscuit.
Are scones supposed to be dunked in something, like biscotti? That would explain why they seem overdone, to keep them from going soggy quickly.

A biscuit is like a soft and thin cookie over hear. A soft and flakey scone sounds like it would be ok with gravy
Yeah, cookies and gravy would be... Not ideal. This is an American biscuit.

biscuit GIF

I'd say scones are more like biscuits that have been left in the oven way too long. That's what they've always tasted like to me, anyway. Well, besides the flavor difference. I love a soft, buttery biscuit.
Are scones supposed to be dunked in something, like biscotti? That would explain why they seem overdone, to keep them from going soggy quickly.
Scones dunked in something would be a nightmare.

Back
Top Bottom