Question of the Day - Sunday, May 19th, 2024

Yes. I have two. Both of them were named after members that I was seeing a lot in the BYC Contests, and their names stuck. My first one is Marvenda, a Sapphire Gem hen, who was named after @mararva. I kept seeing her name come up, but I wasn't taking the time to sound out her name, so it being pronounced as "Marvenda" stuck.

Marvenda:

My second girl with a member's name is Abby-Girl, a Black Australorp hen, who was named after @HorseGirlAbby. Her name was originally just Abby, but I think my subconscious mind was pulling a Dyslexic moment, and I couldn't view her name without the "Girl" part, thus that name stuck as well.

Abby-Girl:
b4cf05ef-fbdb-4335-8d01-4f2472967f47-1_all_1816.jpg

Lastly, though I don't think this really counts is Fiona, the remaining hen of the trio and a Sapphire Gem. She wasn't named after a member, but I got her name from this site. I had never heard of the name until I saw a lot of members naming their chickens that on here, and I needed a name for my new girl and Fiona stuck. :D

Fiona (she LOVES to get in the way of the camera 🤣 )

I'd be tempted to name some after BYC members, but what happens if the bird ends up dying, or being a real butthead?

Hey, So-and-So person on BYC... I named a chicken after you and it died. Or, it ended up being a butthead rooster, and I sent it to freezer camp?

Nah. Not going there.

Yes. I have two. Both of them were named after members that I was seeing a lot in the BYC Contests, and their names stuck. My first one is Marvenda, a Sapphire Gem hen, who was named after @mararva. I kept seeing her name come up, but I wasn't taking the time to sound out her name, so it being pronounced as "Marvenda" stuck.

Marvenda:

My second girl with a member's name is Abby-Girl, a Black Australorp hen, who was named after @HorseGirlAbby. Her name was originally just Abby, but I think my subconscious mind was pulling a Dyslexic moment, and I couldn't view her name without the "Girl" part, thus that name stuck as well.

Abby-Girl:
View attachment 3838296

Lastly, though I don't think this really counts is Fiona, the remaining hen of the trio and a Sapphire Gem. She wasn't named after a member, but I got her name from this site. I had never heard of the name until I saw a lot of members naming their chickens that on here, and I needed a name for my new girl and Fiona stuck. :D

Fiona (she LOVES to get in the way of the camera 🤣 )

Haha! I love having a chicken named from my username. She looks so sweet, thanks!
Maybe I will name one of mine Lacywing one day! 😁

Back
Top Bottom