Question of the Day - Tuesday, April 16th, 2024

I don't mind visiting a country that doesn't like Greece

I would prefer to not visit a country that I've already visited

There are no countries that are a hard no for me, but I'm less inclined to visit countries that would require too long of a travel

You have no desire of visiting a different country, with a different culture, different food, and a different way of life?
Ha! Yeah, that all is in America too, ya know. I was raised in a pocket of America that speaks a European dialect that no longer exists in Europe. Linguists from their country came here to interview us to rediscover their roots. American Indians, Orthodox Jews, Muslim communities, Korean enclaves, southern Baptists, Polish Catholics, Amish, Hindus, Wiccans, Creole, Black communities, Hispanic communities, Samoans, Inuit, hillbillies, yuppies, rich, poor . . . That's not even getting into the land: tundra, temperate forest, desert, plains, subtropical wilderness, mountain ranges, canyons, sand dunes, beaches, extinct and active volcanoes, Pacific Islands, etc., all for the low low price of exploring my own country, with enough new to see, hear, and do that I'd need several lifetimes to explore it all before even thinking about needing to go to another country to find something new. Most people don't even bother exploring everything in their own state, let alone country. The fact that other folks can't always see the incalculable variety in their own backyards is of no concern or interest to me.

Oh! And After I posted that I realized it sounded a little dismissive or rude, which wasn't my intention. I was just trying to convey the vastness of it all. So many people can feel disgruntled from not having the means to travel, when just opening up your eyes to what's around you - like, actually exploring, really exploring, your own community - can unearth such an overwhelming array of different experiences, ways of life, and ways of thinking, that there's really no need for anyone to feel like they're missing out, or uncultured, or any of that silliness that's put in people's heads to foster a sense of dissatisfaction.

Also, as a rule most people and their ways are far less pleasant than hanging out with poultry, anyway. ;)

Ha! Yeah, that all is in America too, ya know. I was raised in a pocket of America that speaks a European dialect that no longer exists in Europe. Linguists from their country came here to interview us to rediscover their roots. American Indians, Orthodox Jews, Muslim communities, Korean enclaves, southern Baptists, Polish Catholics, Amish, Hindus, Wiccans, Creole, Black communities, Hispanic communities, Samoans, Inuit, hillbillies, yuppies, rich, poor . . . That's not even getting into the land: tundra, temperate forest, desert, plains, subtropical wilderness, mountain ranges, canyons, sand dunes, beaches, extinct and active volcanoes, Pacific Islands, etc., all for the low low price of exploring my own country, with enough new to see, hear, and do that I'd need several lifetimes to explore it all before even thinking about needing to go to another country to find something new. Most people don't even bother exploring everything in their own state, let alone country. The fact that other folks can't always see the incalculable variety in their own backyards is of no concern or interest to me.
It's a very valid point for more folks than just you. Lots of people are happy with what they have close by.

Back
Top Bottom