Question of the Day - Tuesday, March 12th, 2024

Cool! What part do you sing?
atlantis-you.gif

What’s the most memorable live music or theatre event you’ve been to? For me, it's the 1981 Rolling Stones concert. Opening bands were J Geils Band & George Thorogood & The Destroyers.
Oh, I got to see J Gail's back in the day. Great concert. Also enjoyed The Doobie Brothers - tickets were a gift from our best man - 1981.
Been to a few good concerts. My first was Journey, 1980

I once got to see Celtic Woman at The Fox Theatre in Detroit. Private balcony and a prime rib dinner before the show. It was amazing! Went with a friend who had been gifted the tickets from an executive-friend who didn't want to go. It was quite the experience.

Aw, lucky you. Tenors and Sopranos get all the best lines.
I'm lucky I still have that range. I have a much fuller tone 2nd tenor and can do baritone too, but I've sung that first part for years so it's where I usually end up because I don't need to practice it as much.

Back story:

My home town does a holiday festival where they light the water tower "tree" each year. Every 2-3 years they have a chorale do the Hallelujah chorus as they light it, and the director of the chorale has been "extended family" with my folks since I was a kid. So I will go down and fill a spot if he asks. Plus I get to sing with my folks,

I very rarely sing otherwise and mostly for myself.

Back
Top Bottom