Question on little duck

twhudson

Chirping
12 Years
May 24, 2007
We went to a small animal auction and got some bantam chickens. In the lot was a small white duck with some black on his back. His head looks like a Pekin. His feathers are just starting to come in, so he is still mostly yellow fuzz. He is about 10 inches long. We tried putting him with the chickens, but that didn't go well, so we have him closed off by himself. We go in several times a day to check on him, and try to let him swim in the creek once a day.

Question: Will he manage OK all by himself? Will We ever be able to put him in with the chickens? I know others do this? Are ducks solitary birds?

well I know my ducks and chickens all share a run- but when I got my ducks they were babies and so were my first chicks,you might be able to put him/her in there when he is alittle bigger. the problem I am having here is that my two male ducks are chasing my hens around trying to breed with them I got them a female but it has not helped any. so if your baby is a male he might do the same thing.

Your duck would be happiest with another duck. They are very social. Try going to Duckrescue.org and look for a rescuer near you and maybe we can get you hooked up with a buddy for your duck!
There are lots of tips and resources for duck care.

Oh, and any new duck post needs to be accompanied by pictures! LOL
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom