Question?

xLittleSilkieX

In the Brooder
Dec 9, 2015
I have two Ameraucana chicks (2 months) and the question I have is are they supossed to be really clingy? They go wild until I come by and hold them. If I don't they will cry louder and louder until I do. None of our other chickens were ever this clingy either.

Last edited:
No it's because you have spoiled then. They want to be held. I do not usually hold my chickens and do not have this problem. I have spoiled them also . They will run to the door when ever they see me but I do not hold them. I can pet anyone including the Roosters and that is the way I like it. But then I have about 100 chickens right now, it may be different if I only had a couple of chickens.

Sorry to change the subject, but...
Would like credible help please:
I have 3 newly hatched chicks and one has curled toes. So in my panic to try to fix it...I used duct tape. Yes it was dumb...I know that now. But he/she can't walk at all like her little buddies can. So seeing that, I thought, why don't I take it off abd use masking tape, I mean it's lighter, right? So I took her out of the incubator and set to work and quickly realized that duct tape, stuck to itself, is IMPOSSIBLE to get off. In the process her nail started to bleed a bit. What do I do? Do I take steps to take it off now? Or wait until her toes are straight, and then try? Help needed please!! And she just hatched this morning.

Sorry to change the subject, but...
Would like credible help please:
I have 3 newly hatched chicks and one has curled toes. So in my panic to try to fix it...I used duct tape. Yes it was dumb...I know that now. But he/she can't walk at all like her little buddies can. So seeing that, I thought, why don't I take it off abd use masking tape, I mean it's lighter, right? So I took her out of the incubator and set to work and quickly realized that duct tape, stuck to itself, is IMPOSSIBLE to get off. In the process her nail started to bleed a bit. What do I do? Do I take steps to take it off now? Or wait until her toes are straight, and then try? Help needed please!! And she just hatched this morning.

Not sure how you applied it, picture would help. Sounds like you didn't protect the leg from the duct tape, I personally would remove the duct tape VERY SLOWLY & CAREFULLY, you probably going to need help with someone holding the chick while you attempt this. Wait to see what others say but know duct tape is very difficult to remove. Sorry can't be of more help.

Not sure how you applied it, picture would help.  Sounds like you didn't protect the leg from the duct tape, I personally would remove the duct tape VERY SLOWLY & CAREFULLY, you probably going to need help with someone holding the chick while you attempt this.  Wait to see what others say but know duct tape is very difficult to remove.  Sorry can't be of more help.

So I laid the duct tape sticky side up on the table, stuck her foot to it in the right direction and stuck another piece of the tape on top, sticky side down. Then I trimmed it. And I tried removing it, but it wasn't working, and I don't want to rip her skin off in the process. Can someone please help??!! I'm freaking out!

Try slathering on olive oil, it should help dissolve the adhesive.

Ok so I've read that on other posts. But wouldn't it make it oily to where I cant grip the tape to pull it off. I feel like that wouldn't help.
Please help. I am stressing...

Back
Top Bottom