Questions about fence purchases, can anyone help?

KristyHall

Crowing
8 Years
Jan 27, 2011
North Alabama
So I am looking to buy fencing in bulk to cut down on cost. I am wading through books from local feed stores, co-ops, whole salers, and online order sites. It is rather confusing. As most of you know, I am really new to the home steading thing. I bought the land 6 years ago.

While I know my way around a garden, dogs, cats, the kitchen, and horses, I am still teaching myself about major land management, fencing, and so on.
I have always just bought a roll here and there as I can afford it, but this time I have been saving up money and decided to buy in bulk, to see if I can get a discount.

Anyone have any buying tips? I am probably going to go with what I usually go with, a woven field fence with barb wide across the top, and simple t posts, since I can cut my own cedar posts on the property. Unless someone knows of something cheaper that is about as durable.

Anyone know of any wholesalers that will ship for free when bought in bulk? Or any retailers that are affordable? I am rather confused at the pricing.

Back
Top Bottom