Questions about flooring

Beamedik

In the Brooder
5 Years
Jul 28, 2014
We are in the process of building our flock a new pad. After pricing wood, with some well timed coupons, it was the same price for us to get a tuff shed installed. Fast foreward, we have the tough shed on a concrete pad so it is level. It came with their upgraded flooring. I would still like to seal the seal and paint/stain/finish it in some way to improve its durability. I have seen a couple options, but would like to know what people think is the best.....
Also, when complete i will have roosting bars on one side and nest boxes on the other. Elevation is maybe 6 inches, but should not have a lot of water problems.....i have tried deep liter, but am reading small bits and pieces of something....horse bedding? Which would be the easiest to maintain.
Thank, lacey
Located in kansas.
This is probably the first of many questions.....i will post pictures as we progress.

I just poured a 9.5' x 5.5' x 6" slab for my first coop. I found some great Olympic wood sealer too, at Lowes. It's much better than Thompson's, and is guaranteed for 3 years per application. On top of the slab, I have a 'frame' of 4x4's, which my coop sits on. This allows me 3"-4" of pine shavings. So far so good :)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom