Questions for Buff Orpington Owners

Mine did the same went broody at the end of August, finished her molt 2 weeks ago. And now is apparently done laying for the year, like all my chickens.
That's such a bummer. I keep hearing that Brahmas are decent winter layers, but my husband says he can't mentally handle the feather feet. Our clean footed chickens still get the old cecal slippers once in a while. Of course, they've also been mentioned as a decent confinement breed!

That's such a bummer. I keep hearing that Brahmas are decent winter layers, but my husband says he can't mentally handle the feather feet. Our clean footed chickens still get the old cecal slippers once in a while. Of course, they've also been mentioned as a decent confinement breed!
My brahma is excellent layer she also tried brooding and was a mean broody but is so sweet otherwise. Never had a feathered foot problem with either brahmas ive owned and now i have some Black Copper Marans eith feathered feet and no issues yet. And they dont care a bit about confinement. I cant free range at all. A guy up the road has a whole flock of brahmas and another coop without feather foot chickens.

Back
Top Bottom