proudduckowner22

Chirping
Aug 8, 2022
Hey y’all, I am gearing up already for hatching goslings next spring, and was curious on letting Muscovy ducks hatch out most of my goose eggs next spring (I only have 1 pair of geese, they are Chinese geese) and I was also wondering how many goose eggs can one Muscovy hen hatch out in a clutch? I was also wondering from those of you who have had (specifically brown) Chinese geese, how many eggs do they typically lay in the spring? The pair I have now is coming up on 3 years old, and this is my first year having them, so info on how many eggs the lay is appreciated, if not, totally fine. From what I see online is that they will lay up to 100 eggs in the year, but I’m not sure wether to believe that or not. I am hoping to get atleast 15 goslings next spring, and I want these Muscovy hens to hatch the eggs, so that the goose won’t have to lay on them, and result in her quit laying. Thank you all so much and any info or stories are appreciated!! Thanks a lot!

Hey y’all, I am gearing up already for hatching goslings next spring, and was curious on letting Muscovy ducks hatch out most of my goose eggs next spring (I only have 1 pair of geese, they are Chinese geese) and I was also wondering how many goose eggs can one Muscovy hen hatch out in a clutch? I was also wondering from those of you who have had (specifically brown) Chinese geese, how many eggs do they typically lay in the spring? The pair I have now is coming up on 3 years old, and this is my first year having them, so info on how many eggs the lay is appreciated, if not, totally fine. From what I see online is that they will lay up to 100 eggs in the year, but I’m not sure wether to believe that or not. I am hoping to get atleast 15 goslings next spring, and I want these Muscovy hens to hatch the eggs, so that the goose won’t have to lay on them, and result in her quit laying. Thank you all so much and any info or stories are appreciated!! Thanks a lot!
I don’t have either but want to boost your question for others to see
@Miss Lydia has Muscovy ducks and does have a goose so she maybe able to help

I had a Muscovy who sat on an Embden egg and hatched it. She may have been able to cover 2 she was on the small side probably only 4lbs. But she sat the goose egg and hatched me a gander. lol My goose also brooded and she and her mate were the best of parents. You'll be missing out on a blessing by not letting your goose hatch her own goslings.

I had a Muscovy who sat on an Embden egg and hatched it. She may have been able to cover 2 she was on the small side probably only 4lbs. But she sat the goose egg and hatched me a gander. lol My goose also brooded and she and her mate were the best of parents. You'll be missing out on a blessing by not letting your goose hatch her own goslings.
Thanks for the response! I think once my goose’s laying season starts to end, I will let her sit on a clutch at the end of her laying season and she can hatch out a clutch of goslings there, the reason I don’t want her hatching her own clutch early on in season is just so she won’t stop laying on me and I can get the most eggs out of her! With you experience of Muscovy ducks hatching goose eggs, do you need to interfere at all with them incubating the eggs? Do you need to help the ducks turn them? Or is it like a goose where they don’t need interference? Thank you very much!

My duck did great she took care of everything and was a great mama. She and her little gosling were the cutest together they truly loved each other. When the gander got to breeding age the mama turned into his mate they were very attached to each other. But I decided to get him a female goose when he was 5 yrs old. he did not like her at all had never seen another goose. This was done in August and it took till breeding season in Jan before he fell head over heels in love with her. I think he thought he was a giant Muscovy. lol

Back
Top Bottom