Quick ? about adding eggs/turkey at different times...

lil'turkeymama

Songster
9 Years
May 14, 2010
Alabama
I have added a few chicken eggs to hatch with my turkey eggs before.Almost always works well.I want to add 15 turkey eggs to the 10 that are nine days old already in my incubator.I wonder what is the best day to do that and what about the waiting time for the new ones to heat up?Will that cool the other older ones down too much?I also wonder about humidity at lock down.How will that affect the newer ones?I have checked the first eggs and 10 of 12 are growing.I'm gonna end up with more that I can incubate.I'm not sure what to do with them.Thanks for any and all help.
smile.png

I have been doing the same thing, but I have another incubator for the hatcher. I have been adding new eggs every week. So far almost everyone is developing. The first batch is starting to pip tonight. I dont think there is a big problem with it cooling the old ones down too much, as I have read that the inside of the eggs retain heat for a long time and I havent had any problems. Lots of people do staggered hatches. You should look some of those posts up. They have a lot of good information.

Back
Top Bottom