Quick Question!!!

MightyDucksVT

Chirping
5 Years
Feb 15, 2014
St.Johnsbury, VT
So I have an egg that has been in the bator for 10 days (goose not chicken) and I don't believe I have seen ANYTHING change since day one besides the air cell/weight. Is it a good idea to toss this egg? I really don't think it is even fertile but I have never had an egg that wasn't...so it makes me a little nervous to give up on it. I've already left it long enough that I should have seen SOMETHING, right?
hmm.png

Right i have 6 goose eggs on day 9 and i can see veins (the normal spider web look)

Last edited:
BUMP - I was wondering if I should contact the seller about this? I purchased the eggs on ebay and only got two that were suppose to have "good fertility"...no extras were provided. I don't have any problem with them not making it during incubation because that is the risk you take when trying to artificially incubate eggs (especially shipped ones) but if I only got 2 eggs I kind of needed them both to be fertile...The seller seems nice, so I wanted to maybe seen them a message to see if they could do anything. With shipping I paid $45 for these and they did mention if I had any problems " let us know and we will try to resolve it to mutual satisfaction." Input anyone?

Last edited:
Absolutely let them know! If they're good-intentioned sellers, they'll bend over backward to make it right for you. If I sold hatching eggs, (as I hope to next year
smile.png
) and there was a big fertility issue, I'd want to know. That's my reputation, and I'd want to protect it and a chance to make it right. Then again, I'm very customer service oriented....if they're an ill-intentioned seller, you'll know and be able to give appropriate feedback, to help others avoid the same problems.

Back
Top Bottom