Quiet 5 week old chick with constantly dripping butt. No blood

jmpk2012

In the Brooder
Mar 25, 2020
SE of San Antonio, TX
5 week old chick just constantly drips from her rear end. She pastes up, I bathe her and gently remove the build up, and she pastes up again. No blood that I've seen.

The 6 other chicks in the broader have no issue. I no longer use the heat since it's about 80 degrees in the garage consistently. I have clean electrolyte/probiotic water and regular water both available to them 24/7.

She's also not as active as the others. She often hangs out away from the others and seems to "pant". Her little chest rises and falls. I don't notice the others doing that.

Is there anything I can do? Here's a pic of her after her last bath
20200422_112416.jpg

Last edited:
Unfortunately she passed. Just kept fading. It sounds like yours has turned the corner though. That's really positive!

One thing I've learned since then in case it helps you - Since that chick died, I had another who started to remove herself fron the pack, got quieter, more sleepy. etc, and the breeder recommended dropper of sugar water (4:1 like for hummingbirds) to help perk her up and along with VetRx on the beak and it helped. She's doing great now. I wish I'd known that for this chick.
Best wishes!

Back
Top Bottom