Quiet ducks

hugs.gif

How many drakes?

4 drakes, 6 girls.
All a little over 3 months old.
My Pekins are my favorite, planned on keeping them to breed, but they are SO loud I'm afraid they're going to have to be processed :(

Last edited:
Okay thanks.
At this point I'll try anything.
I think my White Pekins are a lost cause.
The drakes pretty much keep to themselves as they all free range, but these girls will QUACK QUACK QUACK all night long. They never ever stop. Worse than my tom turkey gobbling during Spring.

If your priority is quiet, then Muscovy are definitely the way to go. We have (or have had) Cayuga, Welsh Harlequin, Silver Appleyard, and Muscovy--all reputed to be quiet breeds--but the Muscovy are BY FAR the quietest of the lot. We have found them to be smarter, friendlier, and more entertaining than the Mallard-derived breeds as well. You will not get as many eggs as you would with many other duck breeds, but they're fantastic at incubating and raising their own ducklings; and the eggs they do lay are large and rich. As an added bonus, they're wonderful for helping to control mosquitoes and other insects in your yard. They come in a wide variety of beautiful colors and patterns as well...blue, lavender, chocolate, ripple, pied, etc.

I did not know that.  It is not my duck and it is impossible to contact the neighbors (even other neighbors say this).  We can only communicate with the duck and it replies with quacks.

Not to be creepy or that person. I would hands down steal that duck. That's just not right, keeping a single duck all alone. Do they interact with her/him at all? To bad I don't live anywhere near your location...*U* quack. Poor duck I weep for you :(.

Back
Top Bottom