Quotes and Thoughts for the Day

Nothing wrong with a small town, I live in a small town in south Georgia. Rather be in a small hick town than a big city any day.
smile.png
Amen to that!!! I lived in Los Angeles for 28 years and you could not pay me to go back. Sorry to all those that may be there.

I guess it has a lot to do with what your used to. I've lived in big towns like Orlando Florida and small ones like Fitzgerald Georgia maybe its just me but I rather be in a small town. And not only in a small town but I'm out in the sticks! Closest neighbor is two miles away. Its so peaceful at home I hate to go to work and I start my workday in the woods.
smile.png
I have to agree with Bill on this one (like that matters). Southern California with 13 million vs. Coleman, TX with 5 thousand and shrinking. Except that there are still a lot of entrenched old money in Coleman that don't want any change at all it is a great place to live and we are actually 13 miles north of there. Bill has me beat on neighbors though. Our closest is a mile away. Yes, we have to drive 50 miles to do grocery shopping but in L.A. it took me 45 minutes to get to work each day and that was only 8 miles.

I guess it has a lot to do with what your used to. I've lived in big towns like Orlando Florida and small ones like Fitzgerald Georgia maybe its just me but I rather be in a small town. And not only in a small town but I'm out in the sticks! Closest neighbor is two miles away. Its so peaceful at home I hate to go to work and I start my workday in the woods.
smile.png

Now I need to find a quote about not being jealous. Neighbors..2 miles away. Oh I would love that! Do you have chickens that need to be kept in a run to be safe from predators from the woods? When I lived in Florida years ago, we had woods behind us. Beautiful. Fernandina Beach. Had the beach close too. :)

Now I need to find a quote about not being jealous. Neighbors..2 miles away. Oh I would love that! Do you have chickens that need to be kept in a run to be safe from predators from the woods? When I lived in Florida years ago, we had woods behind us. Beautiful. Fernandina Beach. Had the beach close too. :)

Me too. We live in a rural area, but our neighbor built his house right next door. Little bit of background: Him and his wife were gifted the house we now own for their wedding with 5 acres. Then he begged the father in law to give them the remaining 15 acres. Eventually he did, but warned the neighbor not to ever sell it. The very first thing he did was build a new house next door (claiming it was for his daughter) and sold the original house with 16 acres. In our town you can't build a home without a certain amount of land unless it's for a family lot. He found a loop hole saying it just didn't work out. Now he makes a point to stop over every chance he gets (usually if we have company) and he usually comes thirsty...
rant.gif
If I win the lottery I am buying his lot and turning that new house into a barn
lau.gif

@COChix , Tricia, I can't wait to get all the way caught up before saying 'wowza', what a day! The arrival of beautiful babies and the loss of one of your flock members. I'm sorry you lost one of your big girls, that always stinks. Those babies are so cute and how about you playing midwife to one of them! Gee, talk about an up & down day.

Now, if I can only remember where I left off...

Holy crap, this thread is over 1,000 posts now?! Impressive! Thanks sumi for getting it all started!

Where was I again?

Back
Top Bottom