Quotes and Thoughts for the Day

Would you guys and gals mind sending a few prayers or good thoughts out for my little buff Orp, lemon? I don't know what's going on. When I left for work I noticed she wasn't interested in food and when I got home she wouldn't eat the worms. She's four months and scared of me like no other so catching her as easy as I did worries me. She's inside now where I can watch her closely. Sometimes I feel cursed in a way. I do everything the best way I know how and like clockwork every few months one randomly becomes I'll and dies on me. I can't even find a vet who can tell me what is going on. All poo samples test negative for worms, I clean my coop constantly, feed healthy foods, and let them free range. I just don't get it. Every time this happens I feel so helpless for them and wonder if I should just give the flock away and say they're better off.
Sorry for the ramble. Stress is leaking out of my every pore right now.

Prayers Shannon.
hugs.gif

Can I ask, have any of your flock had the upper Respiratory illness? And, they got well? If so, that doesn't mean that new chicks/chickens won't catch it. Once a chicken has the U.R. it is a carrier for life, and can pass the illness along. Hope your baby gets well...any sneezing, coughing..then go ahead and treat for the U.R. You probably already know this..but just in case.

Would you guys and gals mind sending a few prayers or good thoughts out for my little buff Orp, lemon? I don't know what's going on. When I left for work I noticed she wasn't interested in food and when I got home she wouldn't eat the worms. She's four months and scared of me like no other so catching her as easy as I did worries me. She's inside now where I can watch her closely. Sometimes I feel cursed in a way. I do everything the best way I know how and like clockwork every few months one randomly becomes I'll and dies on me. I can't even find a vet who can tell me what is going on. All poo samples test negative for worms, I clean my coop constantly, feed healthy foods, and let them free range. I just don't get it. Every time this happens I feel so helpless for them and wonder if I should just give the flock away and say they're better off.
Sorry for the ramble. Stress is leaking out of my every pore right now.
hugs.gif
I send my prayers to you and Lemon. I hope she is well again soon.

Back
Top Bottom