Quotes and Thoughts for the Day

Would you guys and gals mind sending a few prayers or good thoughts out for my little buff Orp, lemon? I don't know what's going on. When I left for work I noticed she wasn't interested in food and when I got home she wouldn't eat the worms. She's four months and scared of me like no other so catching her as easy as I did worries me. She's inside now where I can watch her closely. Sometimes I feel cursed in a way. I do everything the best way I know how and like clockwork every few months one randomly becomes I'll and dies on me. I can't even find a vet who can tell me what is going on. All poo samples test negative for worms, I clean my coop constantly, feed healthy foods, and let them free range. I just don't get it. Every time this happens I feel so helpless for them and wonder if I should just give the flock away and say they're better off.
Sorry for the ramble. Stress is leaking out of my every pore right now.

Shannon, sorry to hear about your little Lemon. It is a hopeless, discouraging feeling when we see an animal we care for struggling. But you're doing the best you can for her so try not to beat yourself up. You might want to try posting about her on the emergency forum and see if anyone there can give you some help. Sometimes 'stuff' just happens no matter what.

Hope things look better today
hugs.gif

Unfortunately she has passed at about 5:30 this morning. She was fine and active up until yesterday and she died already. I don't understand. Thank you all for the good thoughts and prayers.

Thank you Debby. I can't believe she went that fast. I had checked her for mites yesterday and listened to her breathing. There was no apparent congestion but she was breathing a tad hard. I figured it was stress from me picking her up. I heard the start of her passing so I got up. She breathed really hard for about 10 seconds and her body shut down. What the heck could cause death in 24 hours? :(

Thank you Debby. I can't believe she went that fast. I had checked her for mites yesterday and listened to her breathing. There was no apparent congestion but she was breathing a tad hard. I figured it was stress from me picking her up. I heard the start of her passing so I got up. She breathed really hard for about 10 seconds and her body shut down. What the heck could cause death in 24 hours?
sad.png

Shannon so sorry to hear about Lemon, so hard to know with our feathered friends since they hide illness so well. Maybe she had a birth defect could have been heart or other organs. You'll never know but you loved her to the end that is very important. We've all been where you are right now it isn't easy.
hugs.gif

Unfortunately she has passed at about 5:30 this morning. She was fine and active up until yesterday and she died already. I don't understand. Thank you all for the good thoughts and prayers.

I am so sorry to hear about Lemons passing. :hugs
I know it isn't easy losing a pet, especially so young. You did your best for her, It sounds like she knew she was loved up until her very last breath.

I'm so sorry
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom