R.I.P. Gerri & Hannah :( Could a possum do this??

Chickie Mamma

Farmer at Heart
11 Years
Apr 20, 2008
Sherman, CT
Woke up to a gruesome find today. My beautiful Gerri and her sister Hannah were ripped through the chain-link fence. We have foxes and coons, but the gate has been this way for about 2 years now and haven't had an issue til today. The electric fence broke a few weeks ago and I have been taking my time getting a new one. I feel horrible that this may have been avoided. Now, new fence is installed and the chain-link area is covered well. A little too late
hit.gif

"Gerri"
9198_img_4754.jpg

"Hannah"
9198_img_4777.jpg

hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif

Last edited:
Quote:
So sorry for your loss, they were beautiful. It seems to be the year of the predator, everyone I know has been loosing birds, myself included even with precautions, so dont blame yourself. Even people here in NH with them locked up in coops at night have been getting violated, bears do a lot of damage to a coop.

Thanks guys ... I am just glad my kids didn't go up to feed them today. I haven't lost a bird in 2 years, was always so careful. Thankfully, my white silkie roo (who won a blue ribbon at the fair this week) stayed in the basement last night. I was hoping to have some fertile eggs this fall.
sad.png

I was wondering if a possum could have done this?? I just saw a possum run across my yard, I scared him off, but do they eat chickens? I've seen foxes and raccoons around here too, but could it be coincidence? I want to see him get zapped by the electric fence
clap.gif
Maybe I'd feel a little better
hit.gif

Back
Top Bottom