Rabbit feeding advice!

SummerTheAnimalGirl

✝️Christ is everything!
Apr 7, 2022
Hi everyone! So, I have a name six month old rabbit. I bonded it with a eight week old bunny, and they will be moving into together today. The only thing I am concerned about is the amount of pellets I should feed them. I know that babies need a constant supply of pellets, but I only feed my older rabbit about a 1/4 cup of pellets. Is it alright if the older bunny gets constant access, or is there another way to do this? Thank you!

Both rabbits should have an unlimited amount of hay at all times.
I did not feed my rabbit unlimited amount of pellets at any age. He has always gotten a strict small amount of pellets.

Not quite sure how you would go about feeding two different rabbits a certain amount of pellets per day, but I would separate them for a few minutes while they each ate their pellets.

Both rabbits should have an unlimited amount of hay at all times.
I did not feed my rabbit unlimited amount of pellets at any age. He has always gotten a strict small amount of pellets.

Not quite sure how you would go about feeding two different rabbits a certain amount of pellets per day, but I would separate them for a few minutes while they each ate their pellets.
Wonderful, thank you! They do both get an unlimited amount of hay, but I am very glad to hear the younger one doesn’t need unlimited pellets. How much should I give him? And can they both be on Timothy hay, or should I do a mix of alfalfa and Timothy? Sorry for the questions

Wonderful, thank you! They do both get an unlimited amount of hay, but I am very glad to hear the younger one doesn’t need unlimited pellets. How much should I give him? And can they both be on Timothy hay, or should I do a mix of alfalfa and Timothy? Sorry for the questions
I think either hay would be fine.
A mix would be perfect.

What exact pellets do you buy?

Back
Top Bottom