rabbit hutch remodel into coturnix quail hutch **with pics** thoughts please

ohiogoatgirl

Songster
9 Years
Jan 4, 2011
ohio
i had bought this hutch originally as a 3 section rabbit hutch. ((( video from when it had rabbits in it
)))

here are pics from today

front:
quailhutch001.jpg

side:
quailhutch002.jpg

inside:
quailhutch003.jpg

back (just wire on for floor, not enclosed):
quailhutch004.jpg

back (boards on... the middle board isnt nailed on, it needs the hinges and latches, it will open across the back to have access to the enclosed area):
quailhutch005.jpg

the very front, roof is 3ft 4inches
the very back, roof is 3ft
the floor of the cage is 1ft from the ground
the open front part is 2ft deep and 6ft across
the back enclosed part is 1ft deep and 6ft across
the whole of the cage space is 3ft by 6ft.

so i was thinking 18 quail could go in here. 3 males and 15 females. again, this would be coturnix quail.

next i'm working on homemade waterers and feeders. anyone have any favorites? bought or homemade.

Last edited:
I looked at your you tube video of the rabbit pen. Could'nt open the other pix. I like the pen and think it could be made a great set-up for quail if thats what you have in mind. BTW, I also noticed someone that called herself some sort of "evil witch", was bad mouthing your rabbit setup really hard. I raise rabbits too, and she has no right to comment, because she clearly knows nothing about rabbits! I think you have almost pampered rabbits and would kinda like to hold this woman's head underwater for just a little while!!!
lau.gif
Good luck with your birds. Bill

Last edited:
yes if i remember correctly i looked at the persons youtube channel and it appeared to be a young kid (with mostly videos favorited from the UK which has more restrictions of rabbit space requirements but the person was being rediculous in what they said the rabbits ought to have). lots of comments on the persons channel about how to correctly beg the parents to let em have a rabbit....
he.gif

but anyhow....

hm... i will have to try and fix the pics... not sure what i boo-boo-ed haha

I post pix from my desktop by clicking the little pic icon at the far left side of the menu bar of the message box. it will give you a new box and give the option to browse your puter.... I could never get the photobucket to work as it does everywhere else either. firefox browser is a problem too...

okiedokie... i have read clear back to page 130 on the quail section....
caf.gif

feeling fairly confident in my knowledge thus far.
now to pin down where to buy feed and to try and talk my mom into buying me coturnix instead of taking me to the mall for my belated b-day gift
fl.gif

Back
Top Bottom