Rabbit

NerdTime1997

In the Brooder
5 Years
Jan 13, 2015
Northeast, Ohio
So a couple months ago I got a rabbit, her name is bugs and i think that she is just the cutest thing but I can't keep her cage clean! I clean it and scrub it down and when I turn around she has popped all over again.

So does anyone else have ideas on how to keep my rabbits cage as clean as possible?

Does that picture show how you house her? Most people use shavings or some other type of rabbit-safe bedding material to absorb the urine. A lot of rabbits use one corner as the "dirty corner," and do most of their peeing and pooping in that corner. There are rabbit litter pans that have wire tops and low sides (not the same as cat litter pans) that can be put in that corner; it's easier to clean just the litter pan rather than the whole cage (particularly if you put absorbent material in it).

Some rabbits just aren't terribly neat in their cages. They may pee in the right spot, but the "bunny berries" wind up everywhere. At least the dry berries are relatively easy to clean up, but other than litter that gets swept up and changed regularly, I don't know that there's a lot to be done about that.
idunno.gif

Yeah I have a litter pan for her in there but she kicks all of it out and makes a huge mess.
Thanks for the suggestion. I was just hoping to see if people had some tricks or something.

1f430.png

Back
Top Bottom