Rabbits with rain barrel

JacksonPearce

Songster
6 Years
Aug 17, 2016
I so appreciate the advice I got from everyone here about moving my rabbits to a wire floor enclosure! I think they are much happier and it's easier on me, too. They have an area with a flat floor, which of course, they like to use as a litterbox, but still-- it's an improvement!

I have my chickens hooked up to a rain barrel system for water and love it, and recently managed to get the rabbit drinkers hooked up to this as well. I don't see much about this online, however, and wanted to double check that there's not some awful, insane, terrible sickness that rabbits are prone to which I'd be exacerbating by using a rain barrel? The water comes off a metal roof, so there's no shingle pollution, though a bit of pollen/dust does always get in there-- though it usually settles so I doubt much would be getting into the rabbit water anyway, since their drinker is high.

Thoughts? I am so clueless with rabbits!

There's always mixed opinions on giving untreated water, dirt, or wood, but I'm of the opinion that small amounts of immunity-building is a good thing :) Just be on top of anything that looks/smells out of the ordinary and the reactions of your buns.

On your other note, I dread the day my giant gets too heavy for the wire D:

Back
Top Bottom