Raccoon attack

Lizconti99

Chirping
Apr 30, 2022
Hey! Thank you I’m advanced for your help.

Yesterday , early in the morning my three reds were attacked by a raccoon. We initially only found one. She has a lot of missing feathers a small open wound. Later in the day the other one came home. She has more feathers than the other girl but just as bad as shape. They are really not themselves, understandably! I’ve put blue kote on them and some other non medicinal spray on their wounds. They have a lot of exposed skin now. They have been spending the bulk of their time in their coop. They are walking pretty slow and sleeping a lot.

There was four eggs in the coop this am. Two regular eggs two eggs that were very soft!

Both are eating and drinking but not as much as they used to.

What can I do to help them. They are very much in shock and I’m sure sad and depressed about their sister. I just want my birds back and I’ll do anything I can to get them feeling better.

Does anyone have any advice or helpful tips for me to speed along the recovery process.

Is the lack of eating mostly sleeping sound normal?

I’m so upset. I love these birds SO MUCH it pains me to see my ladies like this. And I miss my other bird so much.

Thank you

Try putting some nutri-drench in their water so they don't get dehydrated, and scramble up some eggs and give them those to eat to keep their energy up. Keep putting the disinfectant spray on them as needed. Keeping them hydrated and makibg sure that they're eating good is gonna be one of the most important things.

Try putting some nutri-drench in their water so they don't get dehydrated, and scramble up some eggs and give them those to eat to keep their energy up. Keep putting the disinfectant spray on them as needed. Keeping them hydrated and makibg sure that they're eating good is gonna be one of the most important things.
I will do that!! Thank you!!

I will do that!! Thank you!!
I just lost one of my girls. I’m so upset. I’m left with one. She is eating and drinking fairly well

It’s so so sad. I’m sick over it. I have four young chicks in the brooder they were born end of March ugh I’m devastated and sick
I totally understand. Many years ago we came home to find all of our flock dead. A free running dog had broken into the coop and killed all of our layer flock. It hurts as much for them as it does for ourselves.

I totally understand. Many years ago we came home to find all of our flock dead. A free running dog had broken into the coop and killed all of our layer flock. It hurts as much for them as it does for ourselves.
Oh my gosh. That’s terrible I’m so sorry for you. This was my first group of chickens. I don’t think it ever gets easier but these girls were so special.

Back
Top Bottom