Raccoon droppings spotted near coop!

Thanks everyone so much I didn't catch one so I'm not sure if he will try or come back to the coop, I'm sorry im new to this chicken life as of Easter week when a beautiful stray rooster just randomly showed up at our house out of the blue, so I'm definitely still learning
1f601.png
I'll send u a picture of their run and coop on a pm because for some reason it will not upload here? If I do catch the coon I will for sure have my husband shoot him. I knew they was bad about carrying diseases
1f61d.png
. I'm just so protective over my animals. That does make me feel a lot better knowing you all have a lot of critter issue and still have alive chickens. I didn't hardy sleep any last night because I couldn't stop checking on them. I was so worried ugh

Make sure you use screws and not nails. We had one pull the plywood off the side of our new coop about 5 years ago. Lesson learned.

An old timer I knew used to trap raccoons when they were being destructive around his property.

His advice for disposal- toss the trap in the lake, then wait for the bubbles to stop, then GO TO LUNCH, then pull the trap up. He said he learned this by experience.
I've witnessed this as a kid, not with raccoons, but with 50-75 or more wild cats that were destroying a farm, including killing chickens.

I suggest getting a fake owl statue. And get a Portable Radio so if the Raccoon hears the Noise, it wont come near the chickens.You should put tuna in the cages, that is the meat that worked the best for me. You can also get Scarecrows so it will look like people are outside and then you can put the portable Radio on it.

Last edited:
I suggest getting a fake owl statue. And get a Portable Radio so if the Raccoon hears the Noise, it wont come near the chickens. If you want to catch it, Get a Cage (I will give you a link) and put Tuna in it. You should probably get the Raccoon the next morning, but me Patient. You can also get Scarecrows so it will look like people are outside and then you can put the portable Radio on it. I thought about doing both of those things, I most definitely will now thank you!! Also was thinking about a baby monitor lol

http://www.jefferspet.com/products/...E7VzgcO6-VEq_3lRbndF5bxQhdAyHOqXZrxoCdR3w_wcB

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom