Raccoon droppings spotted near coop!

[/IMG]

I had a raccoon problem last year. He killed 12 chicks within a couple of days. I placed a trap with tuna in it and a brick on top of it so it doesn't get knocked over. The next morning i had a raccoon trapped. Good Luck with your trap!

T

I had a raccoon problem last year. He killed 12 chicks within a couple of days. I placed a trap with tuna in it and a brick on top  of it so it doesn't get knocked over. The next morning i had a raccoon trapped. Good Luck with your trap!
[/quote. Thank you! I heard marshmallow is a good bait what do you think? Brick is a great idea! This will be day two for the trap.

oh no we used an air stapler. Used a ton though. What got into your coop?

It was a raccoon. We fought it for a while. It tried something new every night. And even started chewing on the plywood (but they didn't get in that way). Our problems were solved by the new neighbors dog. He is German Shepherd/Husky mix, and has killed several.

We had our first encounter with a raccoon last night. I went to the back door to check on a kitten that got dumped in our yard when I saw the masked bandit picking up cucumber scraps the chickens had left in the grass. I yelled for my hubby to come quick. He sees the raccoon and takes off for his gun. Even with all that commotion, it was still foraging in the grass! It did take off running when he went out the door with his shotgun. Unfortunately, it or some of it's brethren had gotten our newest Buff
hit.gif

I am thinking we are adding electricity to our run this weekend and a better cover over the top!

Back
Top Bottom