RAINBOW LAYERS hatching eggs *BIN*

SilkieSensation

Crowing
7 Years
Oct 25, 2012
Baltic, Ohio
She has finished filling her bator & these are now available again. Shipping is Mon, Tues, Wed & Sat of each week with 24 hours minimum to ship after payment is received. Shipping will also depend on weather as I am in Ohio & will not ship when temps are below 35F on ship day.

Rainbow Layers

Please note: These are NOT my eggs. They come from the AMISH farm up the road from me. They do not have internet, so I am selling for them.

Flock is an assortment of F1, F2, & F3 crosses in a flock containing RIR, Ameraucana, Cuckoo Marans, Hybrid Layers, White Leghorns (original Leghorn stock has been culled to only leave birds of F1 or further crosses laying blue, green or olive colored eggs) Some original pure stock remains so pure breeds are possible. Most will produce a Rainbow of eggs ranging from pale blue to sky blue, mint green to light olive & dark olive, chocolate, pink & even purple. There are a few birds who currently still lay a light to medium brown egg as well, but who knows what the next generation will bring!!! The rainbow is not limited to egg color. The feathering of the birds is a gorgeous random assortment as well & will bring astounding colors to any flock. In the chick pic above, Rainbow babies are the white on top left & the 4 in the center that are smaller (the other chicks are red broilers & an australorp 4 days older & not from this flock. The 2 at the bottom are week old quail).

Price is $9 for 12 eggs with shipping of $14 per order & $6 additional for each additional order shipped combined up to 36 eggs in 1 box. (This covers MY cost of packing materials since I am shipping eggs for someone else.)

Payment is by paypal to [email protected]

You may pre-order these for a specific date. Shipping is on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday & Saturday to assure they don't sit extra days over a weekend at the PO.

Last edited:
Im currently not buying as I am waiting to purchase a new incubator (hmmmmm...then why I am searching this section? BYCer addict here)
But Anyways... I love the various colors of eggs and maybe sometime can get some purple ones! Which brought me to the question of...how are you selling these? Can you pick a color? Or do you just get what you get? Just curious but might help for someone wanting to buy.

I think she only has 1 or 2 hens laying purple. I only got 1 in my batch of 48 but I was looking more for the blue, green & olive when I got them for myself. I can easily get a couple dozen in the blue, green, olive range at a time. There are also quite a few pink & chocolate (Cuckoo Marans) layers as well. Some of the birds are pure RIR & pure Cuckoo Marans & she has roos for both so pures are possible still for them. Many of the others have mixed between the Ameraucanas & the brown egg layers to produce various shades of green & olive. She has several generations running together in the coop so they have mixed several times breed wise on some to create some very interesting colors in both feathers & eggs.

your wording is a little bit confusing. Can you tell me what it will cost to get 3 dozen eggs? Also would it be possible to have them sent out today?? Thanks

your wording is a little bit confusing. Can you tell me what it will cost to get 3 dozen eggs? Also would it be possible to have them sent out today?? Thanks
Eggs are $8 per dozen so 3 dozen would be $24 plus shipping of $22 for a total of $46. I have 2 dozen already reserved for today but should be able to get another 1-2 dozen without too much trouble as long as I can get ahold of her this morning & payment is received early enough to ship. If shipping ends up being significantly cheaper I can refund a portion of shipping.

Last edited:
Any orders received & paid for by TONIGHT (1/17) will be shipped out by MONDAY (1/22). Orders received after tonight will likely have to wait until the 1st week of FEBRUARY as she is going to start filling her cabinet bator on Monday & will need about 2 weeks to collect for herself.

Sorry if this is a "stupid question" but I am not familiar with the designations of F1, F2 and F3 can you explain? Also, what is *BIN* in the title of your post? This is all pretty new to me and I am learning...
Thanks for your patience.
Tammy

Sorry if this is a "stupid question" but I am not familiar with the designations of F1, F2 and F3 can you explain? Also, what is *BIN* in the title of your post? This is all pretty new to me and I am learning...
Thanks for your patience.
Tammy
BIN means Buy It Now, it's a sale rather than an auction.

F1, F2 & F3 just means the number of generations that have been crossed between breeds to make these specific birds what they are.

BIN means Buy It Now, it's a sale rather than an auction.

F1, F2 & F3 just means the number of generations that have been crossed between breeds to make these specific birds what they are.
Thanks, I had figured out BIN, duh! LOL.

I appreciate the clarification on the generations, I would have never gotten that one on my own.

Back
Top Bottom