Rainbow Pullet Surprise from Cackle Hatchery

I've only ordered the Rainbow Layers from McMurray. I'll bump you up though, so maybe someone who's bought them from Cackle will see your question... good luck!

Hey thanks. I'm just really confused on what to get. I want good layers but then we want some of the big softies too like Cochins
love.gif
, and I definitely want a couple Faverolles. So I think I'm going to order from Ideal and just get Delawares and RIR and then our big softies
big_smile.png

Hi there,
I ordered that special last August and received a nice variety. The gals have just started laying in the past 2 weeks.
I received 2 each Buff orps, Barred Rocks, RIR, EEs, Jersey Giants, SLW, GLW and 1 Partridge Rock. All healthy and happy!
Good luck!

I've read on McMurray's website and I think you might want to consider the Pearl White Leghorns. I have regular White Leghorns and the Pearl White Leghorns seen to be calmer than the regular strain and the pearls lay more eggs!!
big_smile.png
just my 2 cents

Well I put in my order (2 actually) the first one is my layer order to be shipped on 1-28 and the second one is the "fun pullet order" (Cochins, Sam Faves, Dorkings, Brabanter, Orloffs) to be dlvrd 3-4. My questions is they're coming from Ideal so theoretically they should be her Thurs morning?

eta I didn't see the posts about the Pearl Whites until this morning. Not sure if Ideal has those but I would've liked to get one or two if so.
hmm.png

Last edited:
I ordered bantam cochins from Ideal back in October. They hatched and shipped on the 22nd, and arrived at my house on the 23rd. They were in the mail system for less than 24 hours. One packing peanut died en route, but the other 14 plus the 10 that I ordered are all strong and getting big. I am in southern NM, so I am a little closer to the hatchery than you are. But I bet they'll be in on Thursday.

I'm excited for you, and my fingers are crossed that all arrive happy and well!

Thanks jossanne!!! I'm nervous too because while these guys are in the brooder, DH is going to be putting together another coop/pen for them so he'd better move his beheiny quicker than he did the last go round. I don't work and we have so many people asking for eggs so that's why we're increasing our flock. I hope it works out as planned. ( haha who am I trying to kid)

I have some of the Cochin Banties from my order last year. The Mottled Cochin Roo is the king of the other coop. And the little Mottled girl and two Red Cochins are sweet as can be.

LOL I hope it works out as planned too. Got my chicks on October 23, DH was supposed to build me a coop for my bantams by December. I finally converted an old playhouse on the property to temporary shelter for them so I could move them out of the house at 8 WEEKS OLD!!! That's good enough for DH, he'll build me a coop one of these days LOL.

Honestly, though, with Christmas and all, we just haven't had the money we thought we'd have to buy supplies to build the coop we want to build. I can't fault him on that. He works hard, and puts up with my chicken addiction. No complaints here! He's even promised to buy me silkies or silkie hatching eggs for my birthday. What a guy!

Back
Top Bottom