Jun 20, 2020
Our hen gave birth to three chicks, two of them hatched in time, one was delayed by some hours but he managed to hatch by himself, then we noticed that eventhough as a baby he was the healthiest, he was growing really slow, like the other chicks are a rooster and a hen, they are both ready to be introduced to the bigger folks, a bit smaller but they are friendly with each other (also the larger rooster is kinda friendly to the younger one, does he know he's his son ?? Like he just stood Infront of him for some time the first time we brought them together then he just left him be, eventhough roosters are supposed to fight right?) But nvm the point is the younger chick, so like he's growing really slow, has crooked toes, I found out that he has vitamine deficiency, I did the helping pads for his toes, he's had the healing boots on for almost a week now, he seems to be eating better, became more energetic when we separated him and focused on him, but like today I found him nipping on his poop also?? It has nutrients does that mean he's lacking it? What best type of food he should eat? I normally focus on having one egg or an egg and a half a day as a constant with different types of vegetables or fruits as snacks through out the day, and we also removed the lamp from his brooder, is that a right thing to do? He's almost one month and a half old, and it's really hot where we live, so I didn't want him to have diahrea or die from hotness but idk what to do honestly 🙄 help me make him survive pls, how can I have him growing up healthy he's so small and kinda weak, spends the whole day sitting unless I take him outside the brooder that's when he starts running around.
IMG-20200617-WA0046.jpeg

It doesn't sound like you're giving him a regular chicken food like chick starter or all flock. If all he's getting is an egg and some veggies, I would suggest switching him to an actual chick food.

We do give him a type of chick food that's sold on our local supply store, (don't know it's name in English sorry) but we mix it with eggs and so 🙄 but it's not medicated or anything not the healthiest, but it's what aviable, we tried searching in a number of stores but the brand's on Amazon and stuff aren't sold here.

We do give him a type of chick food that's sold on our local supply store, (don't know it's name in English sorry) but we mix it with eggs and so 🙄 but it's not medicated or anything not the healthiest, but it's what aviable, we tried searching in a number of stores but the brand's on Amazon and stuff aren't sold here.
If it's a balanced feed then you should give him just that or primarily that. Treats should only make up 10% of their daily intake. Can you post a photo of the ingredients label?

Also :welcome

If it's a balanced feed then you should give him just that or primarily that. Treats should only make up 10% of their daily intake. Can you post a photo of the ingredients label?

Also :welcome

It doesn't have a label lol, like 🙄 it's just sold to farmers around, and it's a city so like all these products are so rare around or overly expensive, but I do know that it's a type of corn grinded. 🙄 If it's a bad feed, can you tell me what else I can do to compensate for it? The other hens grew fine feeding on the same thing, but yeah I have kinda zero experience lol, and TYSM 🥳❤️

It doesn't have a label lol, like 🙄 it's just sold to farmers around, and it's a city so like all these products are so rare around or overly expensive, but I do know that it's a type of corn grinded. 🙄 If it's a bad feed, can you tell me what else I can do to compensate for it? The other hens grew fine feeding on the same thing, but yeah I have kinda zero experience lol, and TYSM 🥳
Like people, every chicken is a little different. Some are better at absorbing nutrients and some have different nutritional needs. You could try giving it avian vitamin drops. I rely on my feed so I'm not sure what brands to recommend.

Like people, every chicken is a little different. Some are better at absorbing nutrients and some have different nutritional needs. You could try giving it avian vitamin drops. I rely on my feed so I'm not sure what brands to recommend.

You can tell me what type of food to feed them, like the type of corn or so, these stuff are easier to find than a specific brand 🙄 pet stores mostly sell food for cats or dogs it's more common to have them in a city area more than chickens or so so a brand is almost rare, unless you go to a country side, it's gonna be hard to access it at the moment, so just the amount of food I should give to make up for it? A vegetable ?? Or a recipe I can make at home 🙄

I ordered a type of electrolyte vitamins (that has no iron in them) and it should arrive today

Back
Top Bottom