Raising Guinea Fowl 101

Pics
if i did just like my chickens i would be out shopping right now because i dont know what relax means ! thank you for the info. everything, exactly like chickens? i really hope they do well, they are not for me. and i seen some funny looking air sacs there.

if i did just like my chickens i would be out shopping right now because i dont know what relax means ! thank you for the info. everything, exactly like chickens? i really hope they do well, they are not for me. and i seen some funny looking air sacs there.
Hehehe,
I know what you mean. My little five week old chicks are out perusing their pin while I'm in here reading site after site about
keets and what not to do, what to do, and things you try, don't let them get pasty butt, use the ACV, make sure the feed is right,
they are hoppers and will fly! AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

okay time to go to the feed store again and check out this protein difference between the turkey feed and the game feed they have.
I know they are getting tired of me too but at least I spend my money with them =)

Best of luck on hatches! Guinea are super easy IMO. They are naturally timid so to bond with them handle often. I hatch them with my turkey poults as teachers, they catch on real fast to food and water. Human bonded guineas stay, and don't leave when released. My oldest hen is a real pet and I can still pick her up.

only one yesterday i can see them trying to pip internal but its just not happening . i know their shells are thick but the one that did hatch was so hard i had a hard time breaking a piece off the empty shell.outer membrane was white, inner clear and dry looking. i keep adding and misting water a couple times a day sponges, 3 channels in the bottom full, gauge says 60 unless i have just sprayed then it will be 70 for a little while. unless my hygrometer is incorrect. when its at 70 there will be condensation on the window, just a little and just one window. its past time. on the other hand as i am trying so hard to get guineas , i went outside to lock up and 10 baby bantams are off and running. (sigh) i sure dont have room for them

You say it's past time for the eggs to hatch. How many days has it been? Although most things I've read say 26 days, ours normally have taken 28.

i posted on may 12th they were sitting. ya, i know, but they are alive and the one that hatched seemed healthy, no spraddle leg, up and running in less then 5 min.

We got our keets Friday and they are soooo adorable.
I understand that you raise them a lot like chickens only keep them warmer longer and be very careful with their legs.

This morning I was watching them and a fly landed in the brooder. Needless to say he did not make it out.
It got me to wondering, do keets/guineas need grit like chickens? If so when do you start providing it? Right now I have them on a 28% protein starter but the bug thing just got me to wondering.
I also purchased some white millet to use for training them so will they need grit because of the millet?

thank you all,

We got our keets Friday and they are soooo adorable.
I understand that you raise them a lot like chickens only keep them warmer longer and be very careful with their legs.

This morning I was watching them and a fly landed in the brooder. Needless to say he did not make it out.
It got me to wondering, do keets/guineas need grit like chickens? If so when do you start providing it? Right now I have them on a 28% protein starter but the bug thing just got me to wondering.
I also purchased some white millet to use for training them so will they need grit because of the millet?

thank you all,

Yes keets also need grit.

I never give any of my poultry grit but I live on a sand dune and use sand for all of their bedding so they all have access to "grit" from day one. I also start feeding grass/dandelion greens from the second day they are in the brooder. Needless to say flies and moths and millers do not survive a visit to the brooder.

Good luck with your keets.

Back
Top Bottom