Raising pigs with chickens

I was always told the pigs will eat the chickens and I'm sure it's true. However, I think it depends on the animals because we had pigs and our bantam chickens hung out with them and ate with them. Unfortunately it's not a good answer, but use your judgement watching the animals together.

I have two potbellies that run around all day with about 200 chickens....a turkey and 6 geese... the only problem I have is that the pigs eat all the chicken feed and scratch..........

I was always told the pigs will eat the chickens and I'm sure it's true. However, I think it depends on the animals because we had pigs and our bantam chickens hung out with them and ate with them. Unfortunately it's not a good answer, but use your judgement watching the animals together.

Thanks for the input, taprock. I have 3 Large Black Hogs sharing a pasture with about 20 given chickens at any time, and haven't had any trouble so far, knock on wood! The only problems so far is that they love the eggs, scratch, and feed, as mentioned above :)

Back
Top Bottom